Happy Monday Readers! I hope your weekend was spectacular.
I’d like to start of with some personal news and a bit of a plug. Last week I was made redundant. It wasn’t out of the blue, but I had a weeks notice & no indication that I wouldn’t have to work out my notice period. The extra free time is a wonderful treat, but it can’t be for too long! With all this spare time, I plan on doing a fair bit of baking so if you’re looking for some baked treats for a cafe or restaurant, need to increase your Gluten Free range, or want something for a special occasion, please let me know. I’d love to make something just for you. Ok, end plug. Let’s get to the recipe huh?
Today we are making COOKIES! These are a perfect after school treat, or just because treat. I would know, I’ve eaten two today! What? They were asking for it. They’ve got this beautiful texture, slightly crunchy, a little soft and almost like shortbread, it just melts in your mouth.
We recently put the call out for requests and our friend Simon from Simon Says Eat suggested Peanut Butter Cookies. This recipe has been sitting in the “To Make” list for a little while & I couldn’t resist. Four ingredient cookies? So simple. There’s no excuse not to make these.
Oh and there’s a bonus! They’re gluten & dairy free for those of you with allergies or diet restrictions. The other bonus is that they take almost no time at all to make. Twenty minutes, from getting your ingredients out, to getting those cookies in your belly!
These are the ingredients you’ll need. Sugar, peanut butter, egg and baking powder. 1 of each (cups of the big stuff, teaspoon of the small stuff)
You beat them all together, then start rolling them into balls.
Make a pretty pattern in the top.
Then pop them in the oven to bake for a little while.
And once they’re done, let them cool for a little while.
Then gobble them all up!
Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup good quality peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Beat sugar and peanut butter together until smooth.
- Beat egg and baking powder together lightly & beat into peanut butter mix.
- Roll dough in 1 tablespoon sized balls and place 5cm apart on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and puffed.
- Remove from oven and allow cool for 5 minutes.
- After five minutes, move them to a rack to cool.
- Mix some smooth & some crunchy peanut butter.
- Put a chocolate chip/M&M on the top as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Once fully cooled, paint the underside with chocolate.
- Add a chocolate square & a marshmallow on top before they go in the oven. Peanut butter smore!