Well, now you do. Pudding for me is a bit boring, it’s got to be with something to be enjoyed properly.
Over the weekend I had managed to make a failcake™, it happens to us all. Think egg-less, yoghurt, chocolate cake. I should have known… It didn’t really turn out like a cake, more a fat weird looking cookie thing. It tasted alright though, just looked odd.
So we have a pudding, and we have a cake, we also had some morello cherries that just had to be used up. Perfect.
Chocolate cake crumbs
Et voilà! Black forest parfait.
Black Forest Parfait
- 1 failcake™, broken up into crumbs (about half a regular cake) (or you could do failcookie™ crumbs)
- 1 batch of pudding
- 1 C morello cherries, drained but not dry
- Spoon 1/4 C of the cherries into each serving glass. Leaving a little of the liquid will allow it to soak into the cake crumbs.
- Fill each glass to 2/3 with cake or cookie crumbs
- Top each glass with chocolate pudding
- Put clingwrap on the pudding so a skin doesn’t form
- Pop them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve